• How do I register my child for the 2017-18 school year?

    The online registration period for the 2017-18 ended on June 30.  Beginning July 1, please come to the District Office to register in person for the 2017-18 school year.  Please bring:


    * Student’s birth certificate

    * Student’s immunization record

    * Parent or guardian picture ID

    * Proofs of address (2)


    Note: Students who register over the summer are only temporarily enrolled in their neighborhood school for the first 10 days of the school year, and may be moved if the principal and superintendent determine there are not enough seats available at your child’s grade level. Neighborhood students have priority based on space available. If space is not available at the neighborhood school, students will be placed at a different school until space becomes available at their neighborhood school. Students are enrolled in the order in which they register. 

    If you want to transfer to a school other than your assigned school, please fill out Schools of Choice online application after completing your registration form.

    How do I register my child for the 2018-19 school year?
    You may register online beginning at 9 a.m. on Saturday, November 4, or to selected school sites to be announced closer to November.  For more information

    What is the difference between registering and enrolling? 
    Registration is the first step in enrolling your child.  Your child is enrolled in a school when all required steps have been completed, including filling out the online registration packet that is emailed to all parents in the spring. 

    What documents are required for registration? 
    When registering a child, you are required to bring one copy, plus the original of the following documents:

    •    Birth Certificate

    •    2 Proofs of residence

    •    Immunization records
    How old does my child need to be to register for kindergarten? 
    California law recently changed regarding kindergarten cutoff dates.  Your child must be 5 years old on or before September 1.
    What is the difference between registering and applying for a School of Choice?
    Registration is the first step in enrolling in the Redwood City School District. ALL students must register into their assigned neighborhood school.  Students who want to attend a school other than their assigned neighborhood school must fill out a Schools of Choice application. Students who want to attend their assigned neighborhood school do NOT have to fill out a Schools of Choice application.  More information on Schools of Choice
    What about special education at the schools?
    Special education and related services are provided at each school and include program modifications and adaptations, general and special education collaboration, specialized teaching strategies and tutorial assistance. The enrollment criteria for special education students at the schools is the same as for the general student population.
    The local educational agency (LEA) adopted a policy that prohibits discrimination, harassment, intimidation, and bullying based on actual or perceived ancestry, age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or association with a person or a group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.


Last Modified on August 24, 2017