Measure T and Measure S Citizens' Bond Oversight Committee
On November 3, 2015, the community approved the issuance of General Obligation Bonds, Measure T, for an amount not to exceed $193 million.
Applicable provisions of California Education Code require the establishment of a Citizens’ Oversight Committee (“Committee”) to actively review and report to the public on uses of bond proceeds to ensure that they are spent only on permissible purposes.
While the Committee shall consist of at least seven (7) members, the Board shall determine the final size of the Committee. The Committee membership shall include the following categories:
- One member shall be active in a business organization representing the business community located within the school district.
- One member shall be active in a senior citizens’ organization.
- One member shall be active in a bona fide taxpayers’ organization.
- One member shall be the parent or guardian of a child enrolled in the school district.
- One member shall be both a parent or guardian of a child enrolled in the school district and active in a parent-teacher organization, such as the Parent Teacher Association or school site council.
No employee or official of the school district shall be appointed to the Committee. Additionally, a vendor, contractor, or consultant of the school district shall not be appointed to the citizens’ oversight committee.
On April 15, 2021, the Measure T Citizens’ Bond Oversight Committee recommended that the size of the Committee be increased from seven (7) to nine (9) members. On June 16, 2021, the Board approved to increase the size of the Committee from seven to nine members.
On May 11, 2023, the Measure T Citizens' Bond Oversight Committee updated and approved the bond committee bylaws.
|Name||Position||Term Expires On:||Representation|
|Carolyn Chow||Member||6/30/2024 (1st term)||
|Jennifer Givens||Member||6/30/2025 (2nd term)||Parent/Guardian District|
|Cameron Hoffman||Member||6/30/2024 (1st term)||Parent/Guardian District/PTA|
|Carl Landers||Member||6/30/2025 (2nd term)||Parent/Guardian District|
|Rodney Leach||Member||6/30/2024 (1st term)||Parent/Guardian District|
|Karl Metz||Member||6/30/2025 (2nd term)||Member at Large|
|Jaqueline Rodriguez Luna||Member||6/30/2024 (1st term)||Parent/Guardian District|
|Jitpal Sahai||Member||6/30/2025 (2nd term)||Parent/Guardian District|
|Janet Borgens||Member||6/30/2025 (1st term)||Senior Citizen Organization|
Vacant - Member of Business Organization