Office of the Superintendent
In April 2015, Dr. John Baker, a former teacher and school principal, was named as the superintendent of the Redwood City School District, and began leading the district on July 1, 2015. Dr. Baker has worked for the district for more than 30 years and has seen many changes during that time. Recently, he spent time to answer some of the most common questions he hears from community members.
- What was your first job in RCSD?
- What were the biggest challenges facing the Redwood City School District at that time?
- What was the district like when you were first hired, and what was Redwood City like?
- When you first started, did you aspire to become a principal or even a superintendent?
- How has your Latino heritage impacted your thinking about education, particularly here in Redwood City?
- What is the biggest change in RCSD you have seen over the years?
- Are you in touch with any of your former students? What are they doing now?
- What is your proudest moment as an educator?
- Why did you decide to go into teaching/education?
- How is education different today than when you entered teaching?
- Why are public schools important?
- What is the best thing about RCSD?