Skip To Main Content

Interdistrict Transfers

Interdistrict Transfer

Interdistrict Transfer is the School of Choice process for students who Live Outside the boundary of Redwood City School District.

1. Fill out a registration form for the Redwood City School District by the open registration deadline. 

2. Fill out a School of Choice Application. Please submit this form by the registration deadline. 

3. If you are applying to attend North Star Academy, you must also fill out a school application, in addition to the RCSD registration form. Please go to the North Star Academy website for more information,

4. You will be notified once placement is available.

5. If your child was placed, you must notify the district that you accept the spot by the deadline period.

6. Once you have been placed and accepted your spot, you need to contact your home school district to obtain an Inter-district Transfer Form. You file that form with your home district, and your home district will send the form to Redwood City School District.

7. You must fill out an Inter-district Transfer Form each year as long as your child is attending Redwood City School District. 

Interdistrict Transfer to Leave the School District

1. A parent or guardian must notify the District Office at (650) 482-2200 to request an Interdistrict Transfer Form and/or a Employer Declaration Form (if you are an employee of the requesting school district.)

2. Submit completed form(s) back to the Redwood City School District office at 750 Bradford Street.

3. Forms will be processed and sent to the requesting district and a copy is sent to the student's parent or guardian.

4. It is up to the requesting school district to accept or deny the transfer.