Our Mission, Vision, and Values
RCSD creates a safe and supportive, inspirational and rigorous, joyful and inclusive environment for all learners
RCSD will be a thriving, dynamic, innovative, and nurturing community where each student realizes their unique gifts and strengths to achieve high intellectual performances for personal and academic success
RCSD has a collective responsibility to achieve our vision through a commitment to these values:
- To analyze systemic practices, including racial biases, through an equity consciousness lens that dismantle barriers to student learning and emotional well being.
- To encourage students’ bravery, voice and leadership.
- To instill passion in learning emphasizing student strengths and gifts for all learners: all abilities, all ethnicities and cultural identities, LGBTQ + youth, and multilingual learners
- To offer opportunities and access to joyful, rigorous, and enriching instruction and resources
- To build family and community partnerships for student success