Donate to Our District and Schools
The Redwood City Education Foundation (RCEF) serves as the fiscal sponsor for school-site fundraising for the Redwood City School District, supporting school and classroom-based projects and initiatives as well as Districtwide services. 100% of funds are directly earmarked for each project.
A fiscal sponsorship partnership allows each school to conduct its own fundraising under RCEF’s 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status. This means that all donated funds are tax-deductible for the donor. Projects that are supported through this partnership include school supply drives, field trips, book drives, school clubs, and other initiatives and projects.
How it Works:
When a teacher, principal, or parents wishes to fundraise for projects during the school year outside of the PTO, they can request donations through our fundraising website or via check paid to the order of “Redwood City Education Foundation” and mailed to the District Office at 750 Bradford Street. This replaces fundraisers through other online platforms such as GoFundMe or Facebook. These donations are then passed through directly to the school, which receives 100% of donated funds.
RCEF is in charge of accounting for these donations, issuing donation receipts to the donor, producing donation reports, and making quarterly disbursements back to the District.
The District is in charge of disbursing funds directly to the school site as they arrive and paying RCEF’s 10% administrative fee.
Donors can claim a tax deduction for their contribution by using RCEF’s tax ID: 94–2903141.
● Donors may now claim a tax deduction for their contribution
● School site fundraising is centralized, transparent, and accountable
● Fundraising process is convenient and streamlined
● Donors receive hands-on administrative support
● Funding opportunities grow
Frequently Asked Questions About Making a Donation
- How can I donate?
- Are donations to my school currently tax deductible?
- Why is my donation going to RCEF and not directly to the School?
- How can I designate my donation towards a specific project?
- Will the school receive the full amount of my donation?
- Does RCEF charge an administrative fee?
- What process exists to maintain accountability?
- How is this fundraising different from the PTOs?