Welcome to RCSD!The Redwood City School District (RCSD) is committed to providing the very best Tk-8th grade education to your child. Our schools offer innovative, integrative and interactive approaches to learning, ensuring that your child will not only learn the basics, but also become well-prepared for high school, college and careers. We invite you to meet, choose and love RCSD schools!District ProfileFor more than 100 years, the Redwood City School District has educated K-8 students in Redwood City and portions of San Carlos, Menlo Park, Atherton and Woodside. When the Redwood City School District first began educating students, horses and buggies clogged the streets of the booming new county seat. As the town grew and changed during the last century, so have its students and its schools.Today, RCSD students live in the heart of Silicon Valley. To thrive in this region they must receive a 21st century education based on critical thinking, problem-solving, using technology and working together. In RCSD classrooms, learning is interactive, and teachers rove the classroom providing feedback as students explore and discover. The District is embracing 21st century learning, and has built strong relationships with local technology companies who are providing training in the latest technologies that help students learn.Besides its commitment to high academic standards, the District also strives to meet students' developmental needs -- intellectual, physical, mental, and social-emotional -- through a wide variety of programs offered during and after the school day.In recent years, the district celebrated several key accomplishments:
- Clifford, Roy Cloud, Hoover, Taft and Roosevelt were awarded with the Gold Ribbon by the State of California in 2016. North Star Academy, Adelante School and Orion were named as California Distinguished Schools several years earlier.
- In 2016 Redwood City School District was one of two school districts in California selected as recipients of the 2016 Multiple Pathways to Biliteracy District Recognition Award.
- Garfield Community school won the 2016 Celebrate Literacy Award from the San Mateo County Reading Association (SMCRA) for for their exemplary K-3 Foundational Skills practices.
- Adelante Spanish Immersion School won second place as 2016 School of the Year, appointed by the Embassy of Spain.
- Many RCSD schools earned Kent Awards for innovative practices in recent years from the San Mateo County School Boards Association: Adelante, Clifford, Henry Ford, Kennedy, Hoover, North Star Academy, Orion, Roosevelt and Roy Cloud.
- North Star Academy was named a National Blue Ribbon School by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Roosevelt’s kindergarten team won a San Mateo County Reading Association Literacy Award.
The Redwood City School District offers a variety of school options to parents of kindergarten through 8th grade students. All schools provide students with a rigorous academic program based on a common instructional framework, but each school has its own unique emphasis, classroom approach and personality. The RCSD offers families a mix of neighborhood schools and “schools of choice” to meet the needs of our students. To learn more about the options available in the Redwood City School District and how to enroll your child in a school, please visit the district website at www.rcsdk8.net/enrollment.The local educational agency (LEA) adopted a policy that prohibits discrimination, harassment, intimidation, and bullying based on actual or perceived ancestry, age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or association with a person or a group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.
Last Modified on Friday at 5:33 PM