Volunteer Opportunities At KMS
ContactAnnette Marshall: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bingo Night - Chair, sell raffle tickets, sellBingo cards, sell baked goods
- ScholasticBook Fair - Chair, work a shift for sellingbooks, setup, take down
- Fundraising - Chair or distribute
- StaffAppreciation Luncheon - Set-up, clean-up, decorate, bake,and serve
- Baking- Bake for bake sales, luncheons
- PTA Events - Various opportunities
- Graduation (8th Grade Parents) - Plan & execute theme, food& prizes for graduation night celebration; parents meet monthly
Family Resource Center
ContactBernadette Butler – Community Schools Coordinator: email@example.com
- SecondHarvest - help with the monthly"produce-mobile"
- Events - various opportunities
- TranslationServices- helptranslate English and Spanish in written and verbal communication
ContactAssistant Principal - Christine Hiltbrand: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chaperone - Check in/out backpacks, chaperonefloor, sell refreshments
Contact Assistant Principal - ChuckKrause: email@example.com
- ComputerSkills - Prepare and distribute flyers forevents or for teachers
- Student Of The Month - scoop ice cream and preparesundaes during lunch hours
- Phone Calls - occasional phone calls to families to deliver messages orremind them they signed up to volunteer for a special activity/event; Ifyou can speak Spanish, you can give messages to Spanish-speaking families.
- Band and Orchestra Uniforms - Put students’ names on shirts fordistribution (can be done at home.) - Pick shirts up from printing company(on Arques Ave, RWC) - Wipe off uniform shoes over summer and polish eachpair. (Polish provided.) - Wash uniform pants over summer and press. - Washvests over summer.
- Maze Day - help cover a 2-hour shift
- Concerts - Checkin students before concert begins & and call missing students - Monitorstudents before performance -Sit with students to help them to stay quiet
- Assemblies - Return stands & equipment to musicroom/cleanup - Bring students who need a ride to and from concert -Purchaseand chill ice water for musicians who perform for graduation ($ to bereimbursed.)
- Occasional Helpers - Photocopy Peninsula Youth OrchestraSummer Music Camp Flyer (early May.) - Type and copy programs forconcerts. (School copy machine and paper may be used.) - Monitor studentscleaning instruments & uniform/music collection inJune. - Cookie, brownie bakers/Ice cream scoopers - Count andbundle Campbell soup labels. - Run occasional errands
- Car Wash-a-thon - Help collect donations for prizes tomotivate students to participate. - Meet before the car wash to plan thesetup, lunches, etc. - come to check-in students the day of the car washand collect their sponsor cards.