Traditionally, a student comes to Maze Day a few days before school starts to turn in forms, purchase items like PE clothes, yearbooks, etc., meet our community partners, and get his/her schedule. He/she goes all around the gym and to different parts of campus, so it is much like a maze one has to navigate. This year we are simplifying it due to COVID-19 (and students are not dressing out for PE this year, so they will not need PE clothes). AND YES, WE NEED EVERYONE TO COME sometime during one of the windows of time below.
- Monday, August 17, 10:00-12:00 am (6th Grade Only and New 7th/8th Grade Students)
*Our sixth-grade teachers will be helping out so you (and your student if your student comes along) can see many of their teachers.
- Monday, August 17, 4:00-6:00 pm (All grades, including those who couldn’t come earlier)
- Tuesday, August 18, 5:00-7:00 pm (All grades, including those who couldn’t come on Monday)
In front of the Kennedy main office at the corner of Goodwin and Connecticut.
- To turn in forms
- To pick up supplies, books, instructions, and your class schedule
- 6th graders and students new to Kennedy in 7th/8th will pick up a Chromebook and charger
- To get a hotspot if you need one because you cannot afford internet
- 6th graders didn’t get a chance to tie-dye Kennedy shirts this past summer during Summer Bridge, so we have one for you. We will need to know what size - Adult small, medium, large, extra-large.
If you are able to, please drive through. If you walk or bike you must have a mask on and practice social distance. PLEASE WRITE YOUR STUDENT’S FIRST AND LAST NAME AND GRADE LEVEL LARGELY AND CLEARLY ON A PIECE OF PAPER AND HOLD IT UP SO THAT WE CAN SEE IT THROUGH YOUR CAR WINDOW.