Points of Pride
Redwood City School District's (RCSD) programs, schools, students, teachers, leaders, and support staff have been recognized with too many awards and honors to list. This area has been created for your perusal with the most recent recognitions and is updated on a regular basis. Please visit us often to learn about the most recent honors presented to RCSD as we continue our mission of Educating Every Child for Success.
- The San Mateo County Office of Education presented the Hoover Community School Boys and Girls Club After School Program with its 2019 Excellence in Education and Equity Award. This is the second consecutive year that RCSD earns the County’s top honor. In 2018, the County recognized McKinley Institute of Technology (MIT) for its Family Literacy Initiative.
- The Hoover Community School Boys and Girls Club After School Program and the John Gill Mandarin Immersion Program were both awarded 2019 J. Russell Kent Awards from the San Mateo County School Boards Association (SMCSBA) for innovative practices. Since 2010, RCSD schools have been awarded more than 20 Kent Awards.
- The United States Department of Education named North Star Academy a National Blue Ribbon School, honoring the school’s overall academic performance and progress. North Star Academy was honored under the Exemplary High Performing Schools category. It was one of only 12 California schools recognized during the 2018-19 school year.
- McKinley Institute of Technology (MIT) earned the inaugural 2018 San Mateo County Office of Education Excellence in Education and Equity Award for its Family Literacy Initiative.
- The San Francisco Coalition of Essential Small Schools presented Garfield Community School with the 2018 Equity and School Leadership Award for its work and progress with implementation of equitable practices.
- Kennedy Middle School and McKinley Institute of Technology (MIT) were awarded 2018 J. Russell Kent Awards from the San Mateo County School Boards Association (SMCSBA) for innovative practices. Since 2010, RCSD schools have been awarded more than 20 Kent Awards.
- The National PTA chose Henry Ford Elementary School as a National School of Excellence for the 2017-18 and the 2018-19 school years, recognizing Henry Ford’s partnership with its PTA as both organizations work together to improve the educational experience and school environment for every child.