The mission of our school is to provide an excellent education for ALL students in a collaborative and structured environment that is academically rigorous and joyful, setting students on the path for success in college and in life.
Our school housed in a beautiful, historic building in the middle of the family-friendly Mount Carmel neighborhood of Redwood City. For the 2016-17 school year we begin to design our S.T.E.A.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) integrated focus with Dr. Emily Thomforde, the S.T.E.A.M. coordinator leading the charge. We offer hands on science with our partners "Outside Education" in our very own school garden. We continue to offer dance and bi-weekly art with professional performing artists.We believe families are our strongest partners.
Families play an active and vital role in the education of their children, monitor academic performance, work with teachers to emphasize the importance of education, and model a commitment to learning. Because the values and vision for our school are developed with families, parents strongly support our school program. Our school's parent leaders participate in the life of the school by attending and planning programs, volunteering services, and assisting in the process designed to enhance the aspects of the school.
Our school offers:
- Mandarin Immersion Program
- An integrated curriculum with a S.T.E.A.M. focus.
- Caring staff and community
- Individualized learning in literacy for all students
- A math rich curriculum; teachers in grade k-3 work in partnership with the Early Learning Math Initiative teachers.
- Physical education with professional PE coaches twice a week
- Dance and art with culminating evening performances
- Technology, chromebooks and ipads in classrooms.