Template Shadow

Redwood City School District

The Child Nutrition Services department manages the cafeterias at all Redwood City School District schools. The District has partnered with Sodexo to help operate the National School Breakfast and National School Lunch program and other child nutrition programs such as, after school snack program, supper program, and meals for preschool students attending a Redwood City School District Child Development Center. Every school has a breakfast and lunch program. 
Many students qualify for free or reduced price meals. To find out if your student qualifies simply complete an online Free and Reduced Meal Application available on the sidebar menu on the left of this page. You can also pick up a paper application at your school, cafeteria or call 650-423-2227 and request a paper application. If your student receives CalFRESH benefits, is homeless or is a Migrant Education student the he/she will automatically qualify for free meals.
Under a special Federal program all students at Fair Oaks, Hoover, Hawes, Garfield and Taft can eat breakfast and lunch at no cost. The goal of Child Nutrition is to provide all our students with nutritious meals that appeal to students and are reasonably priced. At the five schools listed above, households may be asked to complete an Alternate Income Application. This application is not related to free school meals and is necessary in order to increase school funding under the state of California's Local Control Funding Formula.
For students that do not qualify for free or reduced price meal benefits lunch is $3.00 and the price for breakfast is be $2.00.Please pre-pay for your child's meals. Pre-paying online is convenient, free, and easy. To pay for meals online, please go to Ezschoolpay 
You will need to know your child's student number. You can get this number from the cafeteria, school office, or by e-mailing dclark@rcsdk8.net. Payment can also be made by check or with cash at your students school cafeteria. 
Delinquent debt. RCSD does not what your student to go hungry. However, if your students meal account reaches negative $7.01 as a courtesy, his lunch meal will be exchanged for cereal, milk, fruit, and a vegetable. 
If your student has special dietary needs please have the student's physician complete the Medical Statement to Request Special Meals and/or Meal Accommodations. Special Meal Accommodation Form
Questions? Concerns? please contact Anna Lague at anna.lague@sodexo.com

The U.S. Department of Agriculture prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race,color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion,reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.) If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA ProgramDiscrimination Complaint Form, found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html,or at any USDAoffice, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S.Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at program.intake@usda.gov. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish).USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
Template Shadow